8/15/2010

Day #75 Saturday, August 14, 2010


For about the last 8 months I have been trying my hand at training for & running 5k races. Now any of you that have known me for awhile know that I have no athletic bone in my body. I've always wanted to because I love sports, but God just chose not to let that be a talent of mine. I came to terms with this a long time ago, but decided I'm not going to let that stop me from running. I've always been conscience about healthy living, such as exercising & eating right. Yes, I know I'm one of those people who enjoys exercising, always have. I guess its just my way of doing something athletic that I can do. Another reason, and probably more importantly, is that I don't have the greatest heart family history. I have seen my uncles & dad suffer from dreaded heart disease & luckily they have all done very well. I figure since I'm not getting any younger that the earlier I start working on defeating that disease the better.
Today me & Lindsay did our Rush Springs Watermelon Festival 5k race. It was definetly tough with all the hills there, but I felt we both did really well. I finished a minute better than my last run, so I was glad for that. I do have to admit though if it wouldn't been for Lindsay I don't know if I would have. So thank you Lindsay for keeping me motivated, I couldn't have done it without you! Can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment